Components and activities
Forest Cover Mapping and REDD Overlays
- forest areas are overlayed over 3 sets of information: a) Key Biodiversity Areas, b) Areas with Community tenure / rights over land / forests, and c) Threats to forest areas.
- Statement of concerns and proposals from local stakeholders (particularly forest-based communities) on REDD plus implementation for the Philippine context (with application in the SEA context) to be presented to the Philippine government and UNFCCC COP 15, Copenhagen, Dec 2009 or integration of comments, proposals into a larger, national movement’s pronouncement.
- The detailing and initiation of at least one concrete REDD plus Philippines plan based on the results of the Copenhagen COP 15 meeting.
Information, Education and Communication, and Capacity Building
- Increased knowledge, capacities and widened perspectives on the potentials, risks and costs in embarking on a REDD plus program.
- At least three (3) communities and their support groups trained on carbon sequestration measurement.
- Computation of actual costs for the establishment of pro-community REDD plus project in one site (capacity building to baseline establishment).