NTFP-EP Asia is hiring a FINANCE COORDINATOR to manage and coordinate NTFP-EP Asia’s overall financial resources and systems.
NTFP-EP Asia is a membership network with over 100 partner non-governmental organizations (NGOs) & community-based organizations (CBOs) working with forest-based communities to strengthen their capacity in the sustainable management of natural resources in the Philippines, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, & Cambodia. Click here to learn more.
Please submit applications on or before 16 September 2022 (Friday). Please follow below requirements to apply:
- Email application letter and curriculum vitae to email@example.com. Address the application letter to THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR and write FINANCE COORDINATOR (Name of applicant) on the email subject line.
- Fill-up a Google application form at https://forms.gle/Dbtm94f8EzCH9ptu6
The Finance Coordinator is a senior member of the Asia operations management team who will supervise a team of three staff and coordinate with other finance counterparts, managers and partners in other countries. Duty station is in Quezon City with occasional domestic and international travels, once travels are no longer restricted.
- A university degree in Finance or any related field and a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), an advantage;
- At least 8 years work experience on accounting, financial recording, and other financial systems (with good working knowledge of QuickBooks required);
- At least 5 years work experience in multi-donor/multi-project fund management, budgeting, monitoring and reporting to donors;
- Knowledge of Philippine NGO organizational financial management, practices and taxes a strong advantage.
- A Filipino national and based in or willing to relocate within Metro Manila;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to work in a multicultural environment and a team player;
- Good computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office365 programs and online platforms;
- A self-starter and deadline-driven;
- Willing to travel and flexible;
- Knowledge of and interest on issues related to natural resource management and indigenous peoples’ rights are an advantage.
This is full-time work with a maximum six-month probation. Salary range is from Php 65,000 to Php 75,000 gross per month with standard benefits. The final salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Finance Coordinator works closely with the Executive Director, Board Treasurer and the Operations Director, takes the lead in the preparation and monitoring of the organizational budget, and oversees the financial controls and preparation of the organizational report on all NTFP-EP Asia funds. S/he ensures compliance with financial integrity and internal controls at all times within the Organization.
- Financial Budgeting
- Initiates the annual operating budgeting process of NTFP-EP Asia every August for the following year. This will be in coordination with the Operations Director and Executive Director for the final approval by the Board of Trustees;
- Assists in developing operating budgets for the regional programs of NTFP-EP Asia in coordination with the Regional Management Team (i.e. Executive Director, Operations Director, Country Directors/Facilitators) and Program Officers.
- Reviews, analyzes, and verifies budgets submitted by country facilitators, program officers (or thematic coordinators) and staff ensuring balance between project funds and estimated expenses; and,
- Supports in the multiyear budget project projection for NTFP-EP Asia, highlighting also recommendations to build up sufficient annual reserves for the organization.
- Financial Monitoring and Internal Controls
- Monitors expenditures of all programs and projects based on the submitted budget as well as availability of funds on a monthly basis;
- Checks quarterly cash flow projections to ensure that there is enough cash to implement activities;
- Certifies accuracy of requests for disbursement, check and journal vouchers, ensures that they are properly documented in accordance with approved budget line items, and summarized for easy review by the appropriate signatories;
- Certifies accuracy of recorded transactions in the computerized accounting system, ensuring that they are in accordance with approved budget line items; and,
- Checks the monthly financial reports, banks reconciliations, balance sheet reports and project variance reports.
- Financial Reporting
- Helps generate and ensure timely submission of accurate financial reports and audits with management letters to project funders;
- Ensures accounting systems are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles;
- Implements financial controls, policies and procedures, and reports to management any discrepancy, irregularity and errors in financial transactions;
- Generates the annual consolidated financial statement of the NTFP-EP Asia; ensures the completeness and accuracy of financial documents for presentation to the auditor, liaises with the auditor on behalf of the NTFP-EP Asia, and ensures its timely submission with the relevant government entities;
- Generates and analyzes monthly and quarterly consolidated financial statements for NTFP-EP Asia for submission to the Treasurer and the Chairperson; and,
- Prepares the necessary financial reports for the NTFP-EP Asia Board of Trustees.
- Financial Management
- Ensures that the office complies with government laws including timely payment of taxes and other government-mandated staff benefits and assists the Finance Assistant in the computation of taxes and benefits;
- Assists in the updating of the finance section of the NTFP-EP Asia Manual of Operations;
- Liaises with the bank on matters related to the bank accounts of the NTFP-EP Asia;
- Acts as the payroll master for the NTFP EP Asia;
- Supervises and provides guidance to the finance staff in the regional office;
- Provides guidance and support to finance units in country networks as needed, particularly in the Cambodia branch office, which may include internal audits;
- Leads in developing the capacities of the finance staff; and,
- Ensures that NTFP-EP Asia has tax exempt certification.
- Performs other tasks related to his/her job designation as may be assigned by his/her Supervisor from time to time, including requested support to NTFP-EP Country Offices.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for interview after 16 September 2022.
NTFP-EP values people from diverse backgrounds and works to create an open atmosphere of trust, honesty and respect. Harassment or discrimination of any kind is unacceptable, including cases involving race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other similarly protected status. This principle applies to all aspects of employment, from recruitment to termination and other terms and conditions of employment. This policy complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.