September 1, 2021
NTFP-EP Asia is looking for a COMMUNICATIONS INTERN who will support its overall communications and online visibility strategies.
NTFP-EP Asia is a membership network with over 100 partner non-governmental organizations and community-based organizations working with forest-based communities to strengthen their capacity in the sustainable management of natural resources in the Philippines, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, & Cambodia. Click here to learn more.
If interested, apply on or before 10 September 2021 (Friday):
- Email your application letter, CV and sample works to email@example.com addressed to THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR with the subject “COMMUNICATIONS INTERN (Name of applicant)”
- Fill-up a form in this link: https://forms.gle/SPEPXwUjXaAf6Nix8
The applicant should possess a good grasp of basic graphic design elements, have a working knowledge in creating publicity materials such as posters, banners, and publication elements, and a working knowledge of the online/social media landscape. Those looking to gain valuable experience with an established organization focused on environmental and development work in South and Southeast Asia are encouraged to apply.
Duty station is in Quezon City, Philippines but due to the ongoing pandemic, the internship will be under a work-from-home arrangement.
- Current course of study or has ample background in communications, creative multimedia, design, advertising, journalism, or any related field
- Working knowledge in visual arts, design, copywriting, and social media analytics
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Has a good grasp of using raster/vector graphics editors (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator), publishing programs (InDesign), and other similar or related programs
- Background in video editing, animation, web design, or podcast production is not required but is an advantage
- Able to collaborate well and to deliver work in a timely manner in an online-only setup
- Well-organized, dependable and can work with minimal supervision
- Has interest and passion for conservation, indigenous peoples, and forests
- Available at least 2-3 days a week, up to 24 hours a week (96-100 hours a month), but can be flexible around events, if any
- Must be available for meetings between 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM on weekdays
- Work with the Communication and Knowledge Management Officer to develop and produce creative outputs
- Collaborate with the production of visual elements for NTFP-EP’s online campaigns
- Create engaging website and social media content, monitor analytics to identify viable ideas
- Develop content calendars on a weekly basis or as needed
- Perform other tasks deemed necessary to achieve the communications objectives of NTFP-EP and its partners and stakeholders in the network
Allowance and certification
A modest monthly allowance will be provided for the duration of internship. NTFP-EP can provide certification for the internship period should this be required.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for interview.
NTFP-EP is an equal opportunity employer and values the diverse backgrounds of all its applicants. It follows the principles of honesty, trust and respect. It does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind, such as cases involving gender, race, color, age, religion, citizenship, disabilities, sexual orientation, senior citizen status, or any other protected status. This policy follows applicable laws of the state governing non-discrimination in employment.
NTFP-EP is an equal opportunity employer and values the diverse backgrounds of all its applicants. It follows the principles of honesty, trust and respect. It does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind, such as cases involving gender, race, color, age, religion, citizenship, disabilities, sexual orientation, senior citizen status, or any other protected status. This policy follows all applicable laws governing non-discrimination in employment in the Philippines and/or in the CLMV country where the employee or applicant is based.