November 16, 2020
NTFP-EP Asia is hiring a FINANCE COORDINATOR who will manage and coordinate NTFP-EP Asia’s overall financial resources and systems, as well as a finance team.
NTFP-EP Asia is a membership network with over 100 partner non-governmental organizations (NGOs) & community-based organizations (CBOs) working with forest-based communities to strengthen their capacity in the sustainable management of natural resources in the Philippines, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, & Cambodia. Click here to learn more.
Application for the post has been extended until 3 January 2021 . Please follow below requirements to apply:
- Email application letter and curriculum vitae to email@example.com. Address application letter to THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR and write FINANCE COORDINATOR (Name of applicant) on the email subject line.
- Fill-up a Google application form at https://forms.gle/unahvCx4SQCZPXAW9
The Finance Coordinator is a senior member of the Asia operations management team who will supervise a team of three staff and coordinate with other finance counterparts, managers and partners in other countries. Duty station is in Quezon City, Philippines with occasional domestic and international travels, once travel restrictions are lifted. Work arrangement during the current pandemic will be work-from-home.
Below are the required qualifications:
- Has experience and background in multi-fund/multi-currency financial management, budgeting, monitoring and reporting to donors;
- A university degree in Finance or any related field; preferably a Certified Public Accountant (CPA);
- At least five years work experience on financial management and supervision or other related field including use and application of QuickBooks accounting system; preferably experience in multiple / foreign fund management;
- At least eight years work experience on accounting, financial recording, and other financial systems;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to work in a multicultural environment and a team player;
- Good computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office programs and online platforms;
- A self-starter and deadline-driven;
- Willing to travel and flexible;
- Knowledge of and interest on issues related to natural resource management, indigenous peoples’ rights are an advantage.
This is full-time work with a maximum six month probation. Salary range is from Php 55,000 to Php 65,000 gross per month with basic benefits and commensurate to qualifications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Finance Coordinator shall report directly to the Operations Director and lead in the planning, monitoring, managing and reporting on all NTFP-EP Asia funds.
- Initiates the annual operating budgeting process of NTFP-EP Asia every August for the following year. This will be in coordination with the Operations Director and Executive Director for the final approval by the Board of Trustees;
- Assists in developing operating budgets for the regional program of NTFP-EP Asia in coordination with the Regional Management Team (i.e. Executive Director, Operations Director, Country Facilitators, Operations Director);
- Reviews, analyzes, and verifies budgets submitted by country facilitators, program coordinators and staff ensuring balance between project funds and estimated expenses;
- Supports in the multiyear budget project projection for NTFP-EP Asia highlighting also recommendations to build up sufficient annual reserves for the organization;
- Monitors expenditures of all programs and projects based on the submitted budget as well as availability of funds on a monthly basis;
- Checks quarterly cash flow projections to ensure that there is enough cash to implement activities;
- Certifies accuracy of requests for disbursement, check and journal vouchers, ensures that they are properly documented, and in accordance with approved budget line items;
- Certifies accuracy of recorded transactions in the computerized accounting system, ensuring that they are in accordance with approved budget line items;
- Checks the monthly financial reports, banks reconciliations, balance sheet reports and project variance reports;
- Generates and analyzes monthly and quarterly consolidated financial statements for NTFP-EP Asia for submission to the Treasurer;
- Helps generate and ensure timely submission of accurate financial reports to project funders;
- Ensures accounting systems are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles;
- Implements financial controls, policies and procedures, and reports to management any discrepancy, irregularity and errors in financial transactions;
- Generates the annual consolidated financial statement of NTFP-EP Asia; ensures the completeness and accuracy of financial documents for presentation to the auditor, and liaises with the auditor on behalf of the NTFP-EP Asia.
- Ensures that the office complies with government laws including payment of taxes and other government-mandated staff benefits and assists the Finance Assistant in the computation of taxes and benefits;
- Ensures that NTFP-EP Asia has tax exempt certification;
- Assists in the updating of the finance section of the NTFP-EP Asia Manual of Operations;
- Liaises with banks on matters related to the bank accounts of the NTFP-EP Asia;
- Acts as the payroll master for the NTFP-EP Asia;
- Supervises and provides guidance to the finance staff in the regional office;
- Provides guidance and support to finance units in country networks as needed, particularly in the Cambodia branch office, which may include internal audits;
- Leads in developing the capacities of the finance staff; and,
- Prepares the necessary financial reports for the NTFP-EP Asia Board of Trustees.
- Performs other tasks related to his/her job designation as may be assigned by his/her Supervisor from time to time, including requested support to NTFP-EP Country Offices.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for interview after 3 January 2021.
NTFP-EP values people from diverse backgrounds and works to create an open atmosphere of trust, honesty and respect. Harassment or discrimination of any kind in unacceptable, including cases involving race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disabilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other similarly protected status. This principle applies to all aspects of employment, from recruitment to termination and other terms and conditions of employment. This policy complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
NTFP-EP is an equal opportunity employer and values the diverse backgrounds of all its applicants. It follows the principles of honesty, trust and respect. It does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind, such as cases involving gender, race, color, age, religion, citizenship, disabilities, sexual orientation, senior citizen status, or any other protected status. This policy follows all applicable laws governing non-discrimination in employment in the Philippines and/or in the CLMV country where the employee or applicant is based.