Community Livelihood Assessment and Product Scanning (CLAPS) aims to provide communities and organizations with an approach and tools in identifying and selecting products and services with high enterprise development potential. The course will also assess the readiness of communities in setting up viable community forest enterprises. The crucial steps from starting an assessment of the livelihood situation and scanning potential products to evaluation of resources, assessing community readiness and prioritizing and mapping key non-timber forest products (NTFPs) will be taught in this training.
At the end of the course, the participants are expected to have an understanding and basic knowledge in using the following tools:
- Sustainable livelihood assessment tool
- Enterprise readiness assessment
- Resource scanning and mapping and market assessment
- Product/Service identification and prioritization
The training consists of a combination of structured learning exercises , lecture discussions, workshops, and a field visit.
Community enterprise practitioners, NGOs supporting Community-Based NTFP Enterprises (CBNE) and other natural resource based enterprises managed by communities (coastal products and services based) and government staff with the mandate to support CBNEs, especially those that will actively support the establishment of CBNEs.
The sessions will be held in Núi Chúa National
Park in Ninh Thuan province, Vietnam.
EXCEED CLAPS Vietnam is currently postponed until further notice due to the 2019 Novel Coronavirus outbreak. Participants will be instructed further through email regarding the change in schedule.
Regular Package Rate for the 5-day training includes participation fee, course materials, field visits, meals for the duration of the training, accommodation (twin room sharing for 6 nights) is USD 795/person
- Discounts are available for group registration of at least 2 participants or to a limited number of participants coming from small, local organizations. Contact us to discuss possible discounts.
- For participants requiring a single room, an additional amount of 15 USD per night will be charged
Schedule: 10-14 February 2020
Venue: Bidoup Núi Bà National Park, Lam Dong province, Vietnam