Objectives and strategies
1) To increase understanding and guide action on REDD plus in the Philippines, and possibly other Southeast Asian countries, as a potential financing scheme for forest conservation.
2) To strengthen the voice of indigenous groups, forest-based communities and civil society in the Philippines and in neighboring SEA countries in the REDD plus discourse and in UNFCCC discussions.
1) To provide the opportunity for Philippine and Southeast Asian forest-based groups and civil society partners to consider opportunities and possible threats of REDD plus through in depth consultations of the emerging REDD plus program.
2) To map out potential areas for REDD plus program implementation in the Philippines.
3) To generate grass-roots recommendations and detail action plans for REDD plus implementation to be provided to the Philippine government and to be presented in Cop 15.
4) To pilot a carbon sequestration capacity building baseline measurement and cost determination sub-project with a select community.