July 27, 2023
NTFP-EP Asia is looking for an ACCOUNTANT for the NTFP-EP Asia regional office based in the Philippines.
NTFP-EP Asia is an association of 25 members with over 100 partner non-governmental organizations and community-based organizations working with forest-based communities to strengthen their capacity in the sustainable management of natural resources in Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, and Vietnam.
Deadline for application: 15 August 2023, 5:00 PM
Reports to: Finance Coordinator, NTFP-EP Asia
Job Location: NTFP-EP Asia – Quezon City Office
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or a similar field.
- Minimum of 4 years work experience as a bookkeeper/accountant.
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks computerized accounting system.
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to perform tasks with accuracy and efficiency.
- Able to multi-task and handle multi-project accounting.
- Good organizational and time-management skills.
- Strong team player with solid communication skills.
- High levels of integrity and ability to handle confidential information.
The Projects Accountant will mainly be responsible for properly recording receipts, disbursements and liquidation-related journals for specific NTFP-EP projects assigned to him/her by his/her Supervisor. S/he will support the Finance Coordinator in all accounting and finance related responsibilities of that position. S/he will carry out duties and responsibilities with limited supervision and shall establish work priorities on essential policy/procedure-oriented operations.
This is full-time work with a maximum six-month probation. Starting salary while on probation is from Php 25,000 to 30,000 gross per month with basic benefits coverage commensurate to qualifications.
- email@example.com addressed to THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR with the subject “Accountant, NTFP-EP Asia (Family name of applicant)”
- Filled-up Google form using this link: https://forms.gle/jkPYvgYHB9f4h6t78
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for interview.
JOB TITLE: Accountant
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Finance Coordinator
COORDINATES WITH: Executive Director, Operations Director, NTFP-EP Asia Finance & Project Staff, All NTFP-EP Asia staff, consultants & partners
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Each Employee’s duties and responsibilities contribute towards the attainment of the Vision, Mission, and Goals of NTFP-EP. This includes providing proactive support and working in cooperation with partners, including those from the marginalized sectors in the different country networks and in various capacities.
The Project Accountant will mainly be responsible for properly recording receipts, disbursements and liquidation-related journals for specific NTFP-EP projects assigned to him/her by his/her Supervisor. S/he will support the Finance Coordinator in all accounting and finance related responsibilities of that position. S/he will carry out duties and responsibilities with limited supervision and shall establish work priorities on essential policy/ procedure-oriented operations.
- Processes requests for payment and reimbursement after checking proper and complete supporting documents
- Reviews staff and partners’ liquidations if they match the purpose for which the advance was requested and if expenses are reasonable, duly approved and properly documented;
- Updates and seeks guidance from project leads and finance coordinator:
- If requests for payment exceeds the project’s budget; and,
- If there is any discrepancy, irregularity, and errors in financial transactions in specific projects;
- For monthly planning, budgeting and monitoring of project funds;
- Prepares all check and journal vouchers after confirming they are properly documented;
- Properly records all day-to-day transactions of NTFP-EP into the computerized accounting system in accordance with approved budget line items;
- Monitors expenditures of projects based on the submitted budgets as well as availability of funds on a monthly basis and informs project leads and finance coordinator of variances and burn-rate;
- Files finance records and documents including validated deposit slips and bank statements, vouchers and journals;
- Prepares the following documents:
- monthly bank reconciliation statements with detailed presentation of reconciling items;
- monthly project financial statements, variance reports and other financial reports and reviews and analyzes them regularly;
- financial reports for project funders as scheduled; and,
- necessary documents for presentation to the auditor;
- Assists project lead staff in the conduct of workshops and trainings within and outside Metro Manila from time to time
- Participates in project planning and budget reviews and other regular project meetings as needed
- Actively participates in all trainings/workshops initiated by NTFP-EP Asia office
- Performs other tasks related to his/her job designation as may be assigned by his/her supervisor from time to time, including any requested support to NTFP-EP Country Offices.
NTFP-EP is an equal opportunity employer and values the diverse backgrounds of all its applicants. It follows the principles of honesty, trust and respect. It does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind, such as cases involving gender, race, color, age, religion, citizenship, disabilities, sexual orientation, senior citizen status, or any other protected status. This policy follows all applicable laws governing non-discrimination in employment in the Philippines and/or in the CLMV country where the employee or applicant is based.